Monday, July 30, 2012

Raising Boys Part 2

For those of you interested, this is a continuation of my last post on raising boys. As a teacher and mother of 3 boys I often find myself amazed at some of their antics, the things they enjoy, and how different they can be from little girls. Here are just a few more things I've learned:

1. Always wear house shoes when tiptoeing through their bedroom at night to make sure they are covered up.  As a girl, I'd always thought jacks were the most painful thing to step on, but that was before I placed my bare foot down on a Lego. It is a pain that will make even the purest of heart want to blurt out words you don't normally say. Legos, however, are nothing compared to action figures like Goku from Dragon Ball Z. You haven't felt pain until you've put all of your weight down on top of  plastic pointy hair. (Here's a picture so you'll know what I'm talking about. Goku is in the middle).


2. An exercise ball thrown against a sharpened pencil will pop - LOUDLY.

3. Pretending to be a dog and eating Nerd candy off the table with your mouth will cause some to be inhaled and stuck up your nostril, requiring help from the doctor.

4. Trampolines with the net sides make good wrestling rings. They are even more fun when you spray them down with a hose and they become slippery.

5. Did I already say that bodily noises are hysterical? 

6. Going over ramps with a bicycle is more exciting when you actually jump over 2 or 3 friends lying down.  (Why do Mom's have to ruin all the fun?)

7. If your son gets a gift at his birthday party called a StinkBlaster (especially if it's name is B.O. Brian), do not .... I repeat... DO NOT let him open it in the house. It took days to get rid of that horrible smell. 



Wow. My list could just go on and on... but I have laundry to get out of the dryer, a son waiting to show me something funny on YouTube, and another one searching through the cabinets and all my hiding places for something to snack on so I guess I'll end this here.
Thank heaven for boys. They make me laugh, gross me out, drive me crazy, and keep me oh so busy, but I love them with all of my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment